Saturday, September 3, 2011

Well I'll Be Damned

 Today I’m here, tomorrow maybe not.
The victories I savored, the losses I got.
Despite these, my life had been futile,
I had been lost, I’d forgotten it all.
All the troubles my parents went through
To get me to the top.
All the sacrifices they made,
The half empty stomachs they kept
The sleepless nights they spent
Only to see me rejuvenated!!!

I forgot my friends, who’d been by me
Throughout my troubles, who’d helped me through
I forgot the tears they endured
When they saw me pained
Impudent I was, when it was my turn
To return their favor, when they were in need
I shunned them aside, paid them no heed
I vied for my goal; looked back no more
However, I forgot they were the last time
But are here no more.

Now I’m tranquil, solemn in my secluded exile
I glance around, not a glance I am returned
I searched success, my search left me alone
I once had the desire to live, now I have none
I don’t know why, but I’m done with this life
I’m done with this world
I feel it’s the time
To return to god

1 comment: